History

1922

Templeton Brickworks closed. Manager William Belt started hauling coal from Templeton railway station to the surrounding area by horse & cart.

193?

William Belt died. His wife Edith & son Bernard continued to run the Business.

1938

Bought their first lorry. Morris Reg no CDE 217.

1940's

Bernard took over the business, diversifying into livestock & general haulage. The fleet now was predominantly petrol & diesel Bedford's fitted with Thorn & custom-built bodies, which dismantled into flat beds.

1961

Sons William J Belt & David Belt took over the business as Belt Bros. The business then moved into the tipper market, running a mixture of Bedford's, Dodges, Seddons & AEC's. The sixties saw big changes in Pembrokeshire with the construction of the West Angle PowerStation, and the construction of the oil refineries on either side of the Haven. Fertilizer was being brought into Haverfordwest station by rail, and the main cattle feed mill was in Avonmouth.

1971

WJ & David had different ideas, and went their separate ways. WJ moved into the long distance market. David continued with the tipper fleet. By the late 70's the fleet consisted of Leyland Super Comet's, AEC Mercury's & Leyland Bison's.

1980's

The construction boom in Pembrokeshire was coming to an end and the fleet seemed to venture further a field. A  sleeper cab Seddon Atkinson 400 was purchased, this marked the end of an era of fold down beds in the Bison's and AEC's. By the end of the 80's the first artic joined the fleet.

1990's

The fleet had now moved on to ERF, Seddon Atkinson and Leyland, with a mixture of artics & rigids hauling steel out of Pontardulias; fruit out of Port of Pembroke and as over the past 40 years Pembrokeshire potatoes seasonally from farm to fruit market. The tipper fleet were hauling out of the recently re-opened Gellihalog quarry in Ludchurch. The fleet by now had outgrown the 'Brynteg' yard, a green field site 'Goose Green' was purchased to the south of the village and a purpose built yard and ware house was constructed.

2000

Lyndon Belt took over the business. David tried retirement, but was soon called back in on a "part time" basis. This decade so far has seen another boom for Pembrokeshire; the construction of the two LNG plants, and the rebuilding of the new LNG powered power station. The fleet is now all ERF. The business has come a full circle, focusing on its local customers.

2007

            

A sister company was created 'Templeton Beer Wine & Spirit Co Ltd'. Following ten years of brewery depots closing in West Wales Lyndon spotted a gap in the wholesale drinks market serving the local licensed trade. This saw the introduction of a fleet of Transit Vans, Mitsubishi Canter Curtainsiders a Volvo 17 tonne rigid & Urban artic to the fleet, dedicated to drinks distribution.

  2010

The General haulage fleet is know a mixture of ERF EC11's & MAN TGA's.. The boom of the LNG era has sadly gone, back to basics for sleepy Pembrokeshire.